This recipe for a leprechaun-sized Mini Minted Mashed Potato Martini offers a small but spirited way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day – Sláinte! It was created exclusively for The Food Channel in honor of my joining as a new contributor.
Smooth, minty and chocolaty- delicious, this butter mint recipe jumps outside the box by infusing the creamy goodness of potatoes – along with a splash of peppermint Schnapps to create the perfect ending to an Irish feast.
- 1 russet potato, cooked, peeled and cooled
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2-4 drops peppermint oil
- 1/2 to 1 oz. peppermint Schnapps (optional)
- 6 drops green food coloring
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- Cocoa (optional garnish)
- Chocolate shavings (optional garnish)
- Chocolate cigarettes (optional garnish)
- 1 In the bowl of a food processor or blender, pulse potato and butter together until fine particles. Stop machine then add remaining ingredients then processor or mix until very smooth.
- 2 Adjust to attain desired thickness, adding more powdered sugar to achieve a stiffer consistency or a bit more butter or schnapps for a thinner consistency. Spoon into a piping bag or plastic bag and set aside.
- 3 Prepare serving cups, if desired, by dipping rims in water then dipping rims into cocoa. Pipe mint mashed potato mixture into prepared cups then top with a sprinkle of chocolate shavings and a chocolate cigarette, if desired.