Mint Chocolate Pudding Cake Recipe. This is a really delightful cake. It is a wondeful dessert and great for Bake Sales or Reunions.
Recipe courtesy of kraftfoods
Calories: 340, Total fat : 15 g, Saturated fat: 5 g, Cholesterol: 55 mg, Sodium: 350 mg, Carbohydrate: 51 g, Dietary fiber: 2 g, Sugars: 37 g, Protein: 4 g, Vitamin A: 0 %DV ,Vitamin C : 0 %DV, Calcium: 6 %DV, Iron: 8 %DV
- 1 package (2-layer size) yellow cake mix
- 1 package (4-serving size) JELL-O Pistachio Flavor Instant Pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 8 drops green food coloring
- 1 package (8 squares) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, chopped
- 20 chocolate-covered thin mint candies
- 1 PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- 2 Place cake mix, dry pudding mix, eggs, water, oil, extract and food coloring in large bowl of electric mixer. Beat on low speed just until blended. Beat on medium speed 4 minutes.
- 3 Stir in chocolate. Pour into greased and floured 13x9-inch baking pan.
- 4 BAKE 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and cake begins to pull away from sides of pan. (Do not overbake.)
- 5 REMOVE cake from oven. Place candies in single layer on top of cake.
- 6 Return to oven. Bake an additional 3 minutes or until candies begin to melt. Immediately spread melted candies evenly over cake to cover top of cake. Cool completely.
- 7 SIZE-WISE: Looking for a dessert to serve at a party? Chocolate and mint are a winning combination in this cake that serves 15 people.
- 8 NOTE: If using cake mix with pudding in the mix, reduce water to 3/4 cup.
- 9 SUBSTITUTE: 1-1/2 cups BAIER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks for the chopped chocolate squares.