Dill weed’s flavor pairs well with cream sauces and it is especially good on potatoes. Dill has a simple, clean taste.
Recipe courtesy of Kraft Foods
Calories: 110, Total fat: 4 g, Saturated fat: 2.5 g, Cholesterol: 15 mg, Sodium: 80 mg, Carbohydrate: 16 g, Dietary fiber : 1 g, Sugars: 2 g, Protein: 2 g, Vitamin A : 4 %DV, Vitamin C 15 %DV, Calcium: 2 %DV
- 2-1/2 pounds new red potatoes, quartered
- 1 tub (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA Chive & Onion Cream Cheese Spread
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 PLACE potatoes in large saucepan. Add enough water to cover potatoes.
- 2 Reduce heat to medium; simmer 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain.
- 3 MEANWHILE, mix cream cheese spread, milk and green pepper in large microwaveable bowl.
- 4 Microwave on HIGH 40 to 50 seconds or until cream cheese spread is melted; stir until well blended. Stir in dill.
- 5 ADD potatoes; toss to coat.
- 6 SUBSTITUTE chopped fresh basil leaves or 2 teaspoons dill weed for the chopped fresh dill.
- 7 CREATIVE LEFTOVERS: Cover and refrigerate any leftovers. Serve as a cold potato salad, stirring in a small amount of additional milk to thin, if necessary.
- 8 BEST OF SEASON: New potatoes make a great addition to any spring meal. Their smaller size helps them to cook more quickly than regular potatoes.