Everyone will eat their Brussels sprouts in this fresh dish. This slaw complements a multitude of meals and tastes amazing warm or cold. Want to take it to the next level? Thinly slicing or shaving the sprouts adds a great texture to the salad. Using a food processor makes preparation quick and easy.
Shared by Pasta Fits, the National Pasta Association.
- 4 ounces orzo
- 1/2 pound Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup / 1 ounce cranberries, dried
- 1/4 cup / 1 ounce walnuts, chopped and toasted
- 1/4 cup / 2 ounces low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 Cook orzo according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- 2 Yogurt-Dijon Dressing: whisk together yogurt, oil, mustard, vinegar, honey, and salt and pepper. Stir in chives.
- 3 In large bowl, toss together pasta, Brussels sprouts, shallot and dressing. Stir in cranberries and walnuts.