Explore the versatility of peanut butter with this contemporary twist to the classic breakfast treat.
Recipe courtesy of PLANTERS Peanut Butter
- 8 squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 3 tablespoons PLANTERS Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 tablespoons hone
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 cup cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 slices brioche or Texas toast
- 1 MELT chocolate in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 3 minutes or until almost melted; stir until completely melted. Stir in peanut butter, honey and spices. Whisk in cream; set aside.
- 2 BEAT eggs, milk, sugar, salt and vanilla with fork in pie plate until well blended.
- 3 SPREAD 4 bread slices each with 2 tablespoons chocolate mixture; top with remaining bread slices to make 4 sandwiches. Lightly press edges together to seal.
- 4 DIP sandwiches in egg mixture, turning over to evenly moisten both sides.
- 5 MELT butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add sandwiches; cook 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown on both sides.
- 6 TIP: Add a fresh fruit salad to this dish for a delicious breakfast to start your day.