This recipe for Pecan Pie is another in our pie series from Brie Golliher, known as the Pie Queen of Bowling Green, Kentucky.
According to Golliher, “This Thanksgiving classic holds a special place in my heart, as this is a family recipe that has been passed down for generations. I learned it from my Grandma Sue, who we unfortunately lost in January, so every time I make one, I think of her and her love for this pie—a love that I carry with me and bake into every pie.”
This recipe uses the Queen’s Crust. The crust recipe below makes 30 mini pies or 10 large pie crusts which can be stored in the freezer. To store in the freezer, place parchment paper between the pie tins.
The filling for this Pecan Pie recipe makes 2 large pies. The remaining crusts can be used to for future pies to save time.
You can find more of Brie’s recipes and handy work on her blog Burger and Pies.
- 1-1/2 pound butter, softened and cut into strips
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 6 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
Pecan Pie Filling
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 pound butter, melted
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- 1 Mix butter and brown sugar in a mixer using the paddle attachment until combined.
- 2 Separately, combine flour and salt. Slowly add by spoonfuls to the mixer.
- 3 Roll out your dough on the flour-covered counter and cut dough with tart pan or larger pie tins.
- 4 Regardless of pie size, I lay the pan on top of the dough and flip it over. Then I trim the edges by knocking off any excess dough.
- 1 Mix brown sugar, sugar and flour together.
- 2 Add milk and butter. Continue to mix.
- 3 Stir in eggs.
- 4 Stir in pecans.
- 1 Add filling to Queen's Crust. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes and enjoy!