It’s grilling season! Get your grill ready, because these Grilled Buffalo Wings are the only recipe you’ll need this summer. Made with a buttery homemade buffalo sauce and tossed straight from the grill, this technique and recipe produce crispy on the outside, tender and juicy on the inside, delicious grilled wings.
Want to see how it’s done? We have the video right here!
Thanks to the chefs at Rattan Direct for this great grilling recipe!
- 20 whole chicken wings
- Salt and pepper
- For The Sauce:
- 1/3 cup butter
- 4 tbsp. hot pepper sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- For The Dip:
- 1/3 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 1 Joint the wings into 3 sections (as shown in our video) and discard the wing tips.
- 2 Season with salt and pepper and leave aside until the grill is ready.
- 3 Using briquettes, that burn for longer than charcoal, build a fire on one side of the BBQ. About 20 – 30 briquettes will generate a fair bit of heat and keep going long enough for the time that the wings will need to reach perfection.
- 4 The first cooking stage will vary according to several conditions but the overall principle is to cook the wings slowly away from the coals and after about 30 to 40 minutes bring them across to grill over the high heat. My BBQ didn’t want to reach the temperature on the side across from the coals, so I cooked them first around the periphery of the burning coals.
- 5 Cook the wings at a low temperature, with the lid down so that they first turn opaque and then change color to golden brown. If you get the first part, but not the slow golden browning, then you are not quite hot enough.
- 6 Whilst the higher heat areas are free, make the sauce. In a saucepan melt the butter, and add the hot sauce with the garlic. Bring to a simmer, stirring. Set the pan aside over a cool area of the grill to keep warm. Or bring it back to temperature once the wings are done.
- 7 Mix together the dip ingredients, adding a little water if it seems too thick.
- 8 Once the wings are cooked through tender and golden brown on the outside, you can move them across to high heat and grill them to finish.
- 9 When the wings are grilled to your liking, toss them in the warm sauce and serve with the dip and romaine lettuce/celery.