Beginning in September every year I get excited about the coming of the Fall. Ah, the brisk air and the beautiful changing of the leaves (gotta love the Midwest). These Pumpkin Cream Phyllo Dough Filled Cups are a great compliment to the beautiful weather. I start serving them in September and carry the theme through the holidays.
Recipe courtesy of Cooking with Caitlin.
You can find the pureed, canned pumpkin in the baking section of your grocery store. You want the unsweetened if it is an option.
Be sure to add the pumpkin puree carefully so as not to deflate your whipping cream!
- 1 Package Phyllo Cups
- 2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Pureed, Canned Pumpkin (tip)
- 1 Remove your phyllo dough cups from their packaging, place on a cookie sheet and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Follow the baking instructions – but you will bake them for about 10 minutes until they are golden brown.
- 2 In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine your powdered sugar, cinnamon and heavy whipping cream. Mix with a hand held mixer until the whipping cream holds its form when you remove the beaters from the cream – stiff peaks.
- 3 Taking 1/2 cup at a time, carefully fold in the pumpkin puree. You want to do this slowly to be sure not to deflate your whipping cream.
- 4 Spoon the mixture into the phyllo dough cups and serve!