It’s the crunchy layer of pecans and the toasty flavor of pumpkin pie spice that make this easy, creamy dessert so satisfying. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick®.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories: 283, Fat: 15 g, Carbohydrates: 34 g, Cholesterol: 51 mg, Sodium: 242 mg, Fiber: 2 g, Protein: 3 g.
Make Ahead: Prepare as directed. Cool completely; cover. Refrigerate overnight. Let stand 30 minutes before serving. To serve, cut into squares with sharp knife.
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 6 teaspoons McCormick® Pumpkin Pie Spice, divided
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (18 1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Spiced Pecans, recipe link available at www.mccormick.com (optional)
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugars, 5 teaspoons of the pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and salt in large bowl until well blended. Pour into 13 x 9-inch baking pan which has been sprayed with no stick cooking spray.
- 2 Mix cake mix and remaining 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice in medium bowl with wire whisk. Sprinkle dry cake mix evenly over pumpkin mixture. Sprinkle with pecans. Drizzle evenly with melted butter.
- 3 Bake 50 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature. Serve with whipped cream and Spiced Pecans , if desired. Store leftover dessert in refrigerator.