This impressive pumpkin roll layered with indulgent cream cheese filling and toasted pecans will be the star of the dessert table!
To see how to make this recipe, see our :90 Seconds in the Kitchen video, where Chef Cari walks you through it step-by-step.
Find our full Traditional Holiday Meal with all twelve recipes at this link.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, large
- 1 cup sugar, granulated
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree, canned
- 1/2 cup pecan, pieces (optional)
- 12 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar, as needed for towel and dusting roll
- 1 Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2 Line a baking sheet with wax paper, grease and flour the paper.
- 3 Sprinkle a kitchen towel with powdered sugar and set aside.
- 4 In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt, and set aside.
- 5 In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat eggs and sugar until thick.
- 6 Add in pumpkin puree, and gradually add in flour mixture and mix well.
- 7 Spread into prepared pan and sprinkle with pecan pieces.
- 8 Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched.
- 9 Carefully flip cake onto prepared towel and carefully peel off the wax paper.
- 10 Gently roll the cake into the towel and place on a wire rack to cool.
- 11 To prepare cream cheese filling: combine powdered sugar, butter and vanilla extract in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat until smooth with the paddle attachment.
- 12 When cool, carefully unroll cake.
- 13 Spread cream cheese mixture over the cake and reroll.
- 14 Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour before slicing.