This warm breakfast quinoa is the perfect blend of taste and health. Completely vegan with all organic ingredients and ready in only 15 minutes, this quinoa and blueberry porridge is a great morning start.
- Be sure to rinse the quinoa under cool water in a fine mesh colander for at least one minute prior to cooking to remove this seed’s natural bitter protective coating.
- The almond milk tends to boil over so use a large saucepan.
- Substitute dried raisins or cranberries for the blueberries and slivered almonds for the chopped walnuts if desired.
- Refrigerate extra porridge for a quick grab n’ go breakfast throughout the week.
For more Guru Tips, head over to the full blueberry quinoa porridge video.
- 1 cup organic quinoa (I like Trader Joe’s Organic Tricolor Quinoa, but any variety works)
- 2 cups organic vanilla almond milk
- 1/3 cup organic chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup dried blueberries
- dash of cinnamon
- Optional: Fresh or frozen blueberries/natural sweetener of choice
- 1 Place quinoa in a colander and rinse well with cold water.
- 2 Put almond milk in a large saucepan, add rinsed quinoa, and bring to a boil.
- 3 Reduce heat to simmer, cover, and cook until all the almond milk is absorbed; about 10 to 15 minutes total.
- 4 Stir in walnuts and dried blueberries, a dash of cinnamon (if desired) and let rest, covered, for 5 minutes.
- 5 Fluff with a fork and spoon into bowls.
- 6 Add extra almond milk, berries, and a drizzle of your favorite natural sweetener (organic agave, maple syrup, honey, or raw sugar) if desired.
- 7 *Optional Frozen Blueberry Compote: place 1/2 cup frozen blueberries in a microwave safe dish and microwave on high for 45 seconds or until berries release their juices.
- 8 Spoon over the top of the Quinoa Porridge.