Chilly temperatures call for rich, creamy, squash!
This comfort food is best served on a cool winter day to a group of people you love.
Recipe courtesy of Christopher Mohs of Pumpernickel&Rye.
- 1 1/2 lbs butternut Squash, cubed
- 1 lb Trottole Pasta
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a bowl, combine the butternut squash, dark brown sugar, olive oil, salt, and pepper and toss to coat the squash evenly. Pour into a roasting dish, cover with aluminum foil and roast for 45 – 60 minutes.
- 2 In the final 20 minutes of roasting, boil and cook pasta according to package instructions.
- 3 When the pasta has cooked, strain and return pasta to the cooking pot remove the roasted butternut squash from the oven and place a 1/4 of the butternut squash into the pot with the pasta (these are chunky bits for the final dish).
- 4 Put the remaining squash in a blender and puree until smooth, add the heavy cream and give one quick blitz.
- 5 Pour the puree’s squash along with fresh thyme and pumpkin seeds to the pasta and stir to combine and coat the pasta. Serve and enjoy!