Don’t throw out the seeds when making Jack-O-Lanterns or cooking fresh pumpkins for the holidays, they make great snacks that are rich in fiber as well as vitamins B and E. Kids especially love them.
Per Serving: Calories 190, Total fat 16 g, Saturated fat 3 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 160 mg, Carbohydrate 6 g, Dietary fiber 1 g, Sugars 0 g, Protein 8 g, Vitamin A 2 %DV, Vitamin C 0 %DV, Calcium 0 %DV, Iron 30 %DV
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- Butter-flavor cooking spray
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 RINSE seeds; remove any stringy membranes. Place seeds in single layer in 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- 2 Let stand at room temperature about 3 hours to dry.
- 3 PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- 4 Place seeds in single layer in baking pan. Spray generously with cooking spray; sprinkle with salt.
- 5 BAKE 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.