Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Cinnamon Pecan Crunch Recipe. Change up your typical mashed sweet potatoes with this colorful, easy side dish.
This recipe courtesy of McCormick
Per serving: Calories: 439, Fat: 19 g, Carbohydrates: 63 g, Cholesterol: 23 mg, Sodium: 257 mg, Fiber: 6 g Protein: 4 g,
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Cinnamon, Ground, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Ginger, Ground, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut up, divided
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2 Mix 1/4 cup of the brown sugar, orange juice, vanilla, 1/2 teaspoon each of the cinnamon and ginger, and salt in large bowl. Add sweet potatoes; toss to coat well.
- 3 Spoon into 13x9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with cranberries. Dot with 2 tablespoons of the butter. Cover with foil. Bake 30 minutes.
- 4 Meanwhile, mix flour, remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar and remaining 1 teaspoon each cinnamon and ginger in medium bowl.
- 5 Cut in remaining 4 tablespoons butter with a fork until coarse crumbs form. Stir in pecans.
- 6 Remove sweet potatoes from oven and stir gently. Sprinkle evenly with pecan topping.
- 7 Bake, uncovered, 25 to 30 minutes longer or until sweet potatoes are tender and topping is lightly browned.