Rockin Moroccan Garbanzo Pita Recipe. This quick lunch or dinner includes cumin spiced chicken and veggies served in a pita pocket. Cool off the spicy kick with sour cream or yogurt.
Recipe Courtesy of BUSH’S BEST® Beans and The Vegetable with More.™
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 519, Total Fat: 13.4g, Cholesterol: 45mg, Sodium: 1382mg, Dietary Fiber: 12.8g, Protein: 32.9g
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 (16 ounce) cans BUSH'S® BEST Garbanzo Beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 6 pita pockets
- Non-fat plain yogurt or sour cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Combine cumin and chili powder in a plastic bag. Add chicken and shake to coat.
- 2 Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, stirring frequently. Take off heat, set aside to cool.
- 3 Combine remaining ingredients, mixing well. Stir in chicken. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 4 Cut top off pitas to open. Divide chicken mixture among the pitas; top with yogurt or sour cream, if desired.