These Royally Roasted Beets bring out hidden notes of flavor while adding an earthy yet aromatic smokiness. The simple roasting of root vegetables, like these multi-colored beets, make it super-easy to add a whole new level of flavor to your table!
- 12 fresh beets
- 3 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, minced
- 2 teaspoons natural sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- Juice of 1 large orange
- 1 Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2 Remove the tops and the roots of the beets and peel each one with a vegetable peeler.
- 3 Cut the beets in 1-1/2-inch chunks. (Small beets can be halved, medium ones cut in quarters, and large beets cut in eighths.)
- 4 Place the cut beets on a baking sheet and toss with the olive oil, thyme leaves, salt, and pepper.
- 5 Roast for 35-40 minutes, turning once or twice with a spatula, until the beets are tender.
- 6 Remove from the oven and immediately toss with the vinegar and orange juice.
- 7 Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve warm.