With a healthy dose of dill and stone ground mustard, this zesty coleslaw really comes alive. This rainbow colored dish will tickle your taste buds and is sure to be a hit at any dinner gathering. Remember, a healthy diet doesn’t have to be complicated and the results of your efforts are usually seen quickly, keeping you motivated!
- 1/3 cup extra virgin cold pressed olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup raisins, soaked in warm water for ten minutes and then drained (this step is optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/3 cup fresh dill weed, chopped
- 2 small heads of cabbage, shredded (1 purple and 1 white – use half the cabbage if the heads are large)
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 onion or 1/2 stalk leek, thinly sliced
- 1 – 2 red or yellow bell peppers, thinly sliced/diced
- 1 Mix dressing ingredients together with a whisk.
- 2 Prepare salad ingredients according to ingredient directions, shredding, grating or slicing as needed.
- 3 Pour dressing over prepared salad ingredients.
- 4 Mix thoroughly.
- 5 Serve immediately OR chill in refrigerator for a few hours – it's best chilled for at least 1 hour.