Sage and Cheddar Potato Gratin Recipe. Sage enhances the creamy cheddar taste of this potato gratin recipe. This warm and welcoming dish will prove to be a crowd pleaser, especially on a cold winter evening.
This recipe courtesy of McCormick
Per serving: Calories: 238, Fat: 14 g, Carbohydrates: 20 g, Cholesterol: 48 mg, Sodium: 511 mg, Fiber: 2 g, Protein: 8 g
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Sage, Rubbed or 2 teaspoons Mccormick® Sage Leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Black Pepper, Ground
- 3 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2 Mix sage, salt and pepper in small bowl.
- 3 Layer 1/3 of the potatoes and 1/2 of the onion in lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
- 4 Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the sage mixture and 1/3 of the cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining potatoes, sage mixture and cheese.
- 5 Stir broth and cream in medium bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Pour evenly over potatoes.
- 6 Bake 1 hour or until potatoes are tender and top is golden. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.