Sage Cornbread Stuffing Recipe. Here’s a delicious, savory stuffing, perfect for those upcoming holiday dinners. To make it easy, use corn bread prepared from a mix in this recipe.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick®.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories: 323, Fat: 19 g, Carbohydrates: 31 g, Cholesterol: 73 mg, Sodium: 742 mg, Fiber: 1 g,
Protein: 7 g.
Test Kitchen Tips:
– Prepare and bake 2 packages (8 1/2 ounces each ) corn bread mix according to package directions. Cool and crumble to yield 10 cups.
– One package (16 ounces) corn bread stuffing mix can be substituted for the 10 cups of crumbled corn bread. Increase chicken broth to 2 2/3 cups.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Sage, Rubbed
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Thyme Leaves
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 10 cups coarsely crumbled corn bread
- 1/2 pound sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Melt butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add onion and celery; cook and stir 5 minutes. Stir in sage, thyme and garlic powder.
- 2 Mix corn bread, vegetable mixture and sausage in large bowl. Add broth; toss gently until well mixed. Spoon into lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
- 3 Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until heated through and lightly browned.