Many recipes use a dozen ingredients for a jerk sauce, but there is simply no need. I think you’ll truly love this Salisbury Jerky Burger and not just because of the jerk taste, but because we add a little “salisbury” flavor.
Salisbury? My parents always made Salisbury Steaks many decades ago in their restaurants, and it was just onions, peppers and burger meat mixed together, shaped into a football-like patty and grilled.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons each molasses and soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic in oil (or 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon each ground allspice and nutmeg
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup minced bell pepper
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 Combine all Jerk Sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse until as smooth as possible; set aside.
- 2 Mix ground beef with bell pepper and onion well. Form into 4 patties.
- 3 Line a grill grate with aluminum foil and heat grill to medium heat. Place burgers on foil and start slathering Jerk Sauce over the top. Cook for about 6-8 minutes before turning each patty over and slathering even more Jerk Sauce over the top. Cook until desired doneness is achieved. (Did I mention to slather on more Jerk Sauce?)
- 4 Serve with any remainder Jerk Sauce heated, for dipping burger into.