This smoky pecan dip makes for a simple vegetarian snack that comes together in less than 30 minutes!
Simply puree toasted pecans and chickpeas with cayenne and smoked hot paprika for a flavorful dip. Serve with veggies or on top of a salad or sandwich.
Recipe and image courtesy of the American Pecan Council.
- 1 cup fresh pecan halves
- 3 cups chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 heaping teaspoon smoked hot paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup filtered water
- To Serve: raw veggies, roasted veggies, or add to salad/sandwich
- 1 Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Spread the pecans on a parchment lined baking sheet, and toast in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove and let slightly cool.
To Make the Dip
- 1 Add the cooled, toasted pecans to a food processor with the remaining ingredients for the dip. Blend until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides and help the mixture along as needed.*
- 2 Add any additional amount of the ingredients above if needed to suit your taste, and blend again. It can be served immediately, or stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week. Serve with veggies or use as a spread on a sandwich or on a salad. Makes about 3 cups.
- 3 *Recipe note: You could alternatively use a Vitamix/high speed blender for a creamier consistency, the processor results in a more textured dip.