Recipe for Spaghetti with Toasted Garlic Tomato Sauce. A steamy pasta in a rich garlic and tomato basil sauce. Simple, yes, but so satisfying. Once you try it, you’ll find yourself craving it quite often.
Recipe courtesy of Williams-Sonoma
- 1/4 cup Olivier Toasted Garlic Oil
- 2 pounds ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed chili flakes
- 1 cup pitted black olives
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Salt, to taste
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, warm the garlic oil. Add the tomatoes and chili flakes and cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes break down and form a chunky sauce, about 10 minutes.
- 2 Stir in the olives and half of the cheese, and season with salt. Reduce the heat to low and keep the sauce warm.
- 3 Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook according to the package instructions until al dente (tender but firm to the bite).
- 4 Drain the pasta, add to the sauce and increase the heat to medium. Using tongs, toss the pasta with the sauce, then transfer to a warmed large serving bowl. Garnish with the basil. Serve immediately and pass the remaining cheese alongside.