A great topping for grilled fish, steak or chicken! Or, toss with steamed vegetables, hot pasta—even spread over warm bread.
Why Try? You’ll be surprised how much this simple topping will dress up your dish and make it special.
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 4 cloves chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 Toast pecans in a dry small sauté pan over medium heat until nuts start to brown; stirring often. Add garlic and lemon zest, cook until fragrant. Be careful not to burn the zest or garlic. Remove from pan to cool.
- 2 Transfer cooled mixture to bowl of a food processor. Add basil and hot sauce; process until smooth.
- 3 Add softened butter, salt, and pepper. Process until well combined.
- 4 Use immediately or transfer to a 10 x 10 piece of wax paper; roll tightly creating a long tube shape. Wrap with plastic and refrigerate up to 3 days or freeze up to 1 month.
- 5 Cut into coin-shaped pieces; use to top grilled fish, steak or chicken, toss with steamed vegetables, hot pasta or spread over warm bread.