Looking for a pasta side dish recipe that brings out the flavors of spring? Spinach and Garlic Orecchiette Gratinée is a simple olive oil and garlic orecchiette pasta, with the delightful addition of toasted bread crumbs for a crunchy finish.
It can be enjoyed on its own or pared with a chicken or fish entrée.
This recipe is courtesy of Pasta Fits.
- 4 ounces orecchiette
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cups/8 ounces baby spinach
- 1 Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well.
- 2 Meanwhile, heat half of the oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook bread crumbs, salt and pepper for about 2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Transfer to plate.
- 3 Heat remaining oil in same skillet; cook garlic for about 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add spinach; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until starting to wilt.
- 4 Add pasta to skillet; toss to coat well. Top with toasted bread crumbs.
- 1 Add a pinch of cayenne pepper, chili flakes or spicy smoked paprika for a little kick.
- 2 Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.