Bring a little sunshine into your life any time of the year with Sunshine Corn Muffins. Sundried tomatoes and crispy bacon are surprise ingredients that will delight even your pickiest eater and have them asking for seconds! These hearty muffins freeze well, make a great lunch box treat or after school snack and are perfect for picnics!
Here’s a little trick if you don’t have buttermilk in your fridge. Place 1 tablespoon lemon juice or vinegar into a measuring cup, add milk to the one cup mark and let sit for ten minutes.
This is a recipe from Chat ‘n Dish show host, KC Quaretti. View episodes of the show now on The Food Channel.
- 2 cups self rising flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 sundried tomatoes chopped quite fine
- 1½ cups grated Mozzarella
- ½ cup grated Monterey jack or cheddar cheese
- 1½ cups corn kernels: fresh or frozen and defrosted
- ¼ cup (½ stick) butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2 In a large mixing bowl combine flour, salt, garlic powder, sundried tomatoes, mozzarella, cheddar, corn and bacon and mix well with wooden spoon.
- 3 In a small mixing bowl melt butter in microwave then add buttermilk and eggs and beat with a whisk until well mixed.
- 4 Pour the liquid into the dry ingredients and stir 15-18 times JUST until ingredients are moistened. Do not over mix.
- 5 Use an ice cream scoop to measure out and fill the muffin tins (coat with non stick spray) ¾ full.
- 6 Bake for 25 minutes.