It’s football season! Cheer on your favorite team with these tasty Sweet and Sour Chicken Wings. Made with a sweet and sour combination of honey, vinegar, pineapple juice, garlic and hot sauce, these wings will be a showstopper at your next tailgate.
This recipe is courtesy of the National Honey Board.
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup sweet red peppers, diced
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce
- 1 1/2 lb. fresh chicken sings
- 1 Combine honey, peppers, vinegar, pineapple juice and seasonings in small saucepan; mix well. Cook and stir until mixture begins to thicken.
- 2 Pour over chicken wings in baking dish. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until wings are glazed with sauce.
- 3 TIP: You can use pre-cooked baked or fried wings with this sauce and reduce cook time to 10-12 minutes.