Valentine’s Day should be a special dinner spent with the person you love, and how better to celebrate than to make dinner together?
Look no further, the perfect dinner for two has been curated for you, Lamb Loin Chops with Madeira and Cherries! A tender cut of meat that has been marinated for 2 hours and then cooked with Madeira, a sweet wine made in the Portuguese Madeira Islands, and dried cherries.
This recipe is courtesy of the American Lamb Board.
- 4 American Lamb loin chops, cut 1 1/4-inch thick, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dried tarragon leaves, crushed, divided
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/3 cup Madeira sweet wine or fat-free chicken broth
- 1/3 cup dried cherries, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel (additional peel for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut in half
- 1 In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, 1 tablespoon oil, 1-1/2 teaspoons tarragon, garlic, salt, and pepper. Place lamb chops in sealable plastic bag and pour in marinade. Rotate bag to coat chops. Refrigerate for 2 hours to marinate.
- 2 Remove chops from marinade and discard marinade. Pat chops dry with paper towels. In a large nonstick skillet with cover, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Brown chops for 2 minutes on each side.
- 3 Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes, turning twice, or until the desired degree of doneness. Remove from pan, cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- 4 Pour off liquid from pan. Add Madeira and cherries; cook 3 to 4 minutes until liquid is almost absorbed. Stir in broth, remaining 1 teaspoon of tarragon and lemon peel; cook additional 2 minutes.
- 5 Mix in butter and stir until sauce looks shiny. Serve sauce on plates and top with two lamb chops, garnish with grated lemon peel.
- Calories 571
- Protein 30
- Carbohydrates 9
- Fat 41
- Cholesterol 120
- Fiber 0
- Sodium 1
- Vitamin B6 0
- Vitamin B12 3
- Iron 3
- Zinc 4