This recipe is a fun and easy dessert for Thanksgiving and Christmas. It can be made with orange juice or cranberry juice, and makes an attractive addition to any holiday buffet table.
Per Serving: Calories 90, Total fat 0 g, Saturated fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 65 mg, Carbohydrate 20 g, Dietary fiber 1 g, Sugars 20 g, Protein 2 g, Vitamin A 4 %DV, Vitamin C 25 %DV, Calcium 0 %DV, Iron 0 %DV
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (8-serving size) or 2 package (4-serving size each) JELL-O Orange Flavor Gelatin
- Ice cubes
- 1 cup cold orange juice or cranberry juice
- 1 can (11 ounces) DOLE Mandarin Oranges, drained
- Add enough ice cubes to juice to measure 2 cups. Add to gelatin; stir until ice is partially melted.
- Place in blender container; cover. Blend on medium speed 30 seconds.
- SPOON fruit evenly into 10 dessert glasses or large glass serving bowl. Gradually pour gelatin mixture over fruit.
- REFRIGERATE 45 minutes or until set. (As gelatin sets, a frothy layer forms on top with a clear layer on the bottom.)
- 1 ADD boiling water to gelatin in large bowl; stir at least 3 minutes until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- 2 VARIATION: Prepare as directed, using your favorite flavor of JELL-O Gelatin and your favorite drained canned DOLE Fruit.
- 3 NOTE: Recipe can be made the day before. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.