Thai-Style Fish in Coconut-Roasted Ginger Broth Recipe. Serve this dish in soup plates over steamed rice so you can enjoy all of the flavorful broth.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick
- 2 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Gourmet Collection Roasted Ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Sicilian Sea Salt
- 1 pound firm white fish fillets, such as haddock or rockfish, about 1-inch thick, skin removed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into thin half-moon slices (2 cups)
- 1 can (13 1/2 ounces) coconut milk, well shaken
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted salted peanuts (optional)
- 1 Mix ginger and sea salt in small bowl. Sprinkle fish with 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice. Coat evenly with 2 1/2 teaspoons of the spice mixture. Set aside.
- 3 Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add shallots, bell pepper, zucchini and 2 tablespoons water; mix well. Cover. Cook 2 minutes or until tender-crisp, stirring occasionally. Add coconut milk and 2 tablespoons of the cilantro. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes until broth thickens slightly. Stir in remaining spice mixture. Reduce heat to low.
- 5 Place fish in skillet, spooning some broth and vegetables over fish. Cover. Cook 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting fish occasionally with broth. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro and peanuts, if desired. Serve over steamed rice.