Recipe Courtesy of Gaylord Opryland Resort Executive Chef Michael Swann.
- 1 bottle La Crema Pinot Noir
- 2 pounds Plugra® Butter cut into 1/2 x 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 ounces dark balsamic vinegar
- Shitake mushroom stems
- 1 bunch thyme sprigs
- 2 each bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 In a 4-quart Sauce Pan, sauté carrots, mushrooms, celery and spices in 1 oz olive oil.
- 2 Deglaze with wine and reduce by 50%.
- 3 Thicken slightly with cornstarch to stabilize and slowly add in butter until sauce thickens.
- 4 Finish with salt and vinegar.
- 5 Strain and keep warm.