A heart and belly-warming soup made with American Lamb boneless leg or shoulder, delicious cheese tortellini’s, and protein-packed veggies.
Recipe and image courtesy of American Lamb Board.
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 lb. American Lamb boneless leg or shoulder, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 8 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1 package (9-ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 can (15 ounces) chopped tomatoes
- 1 package (1 lb.) frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1 Spray a large pot with nonstick cooking spray. Add celery and onion and cook over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add lamb, cooking until brown.
- 2 Mix in broth, tortellini, vegetables, garlic salt and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 3 Serve in soup bowls and sprinkle with cheese if desired.