Put a spin on this year’s Thanksgiving with the addition of exciting, bold, island-inspired flavors to your dinner table!
This Traditional Turmeric Gravy is available at the Ba’theli Restaurant & Lounge over the holiday, but for anyone who can’t make it to the Asian country for the feast, we’re sharing it here!
Ba’theli Restaurant is the first modern Maldivian restaurant in the Maldives and this recipe is courtesy of Milaidhoo Island Maldives.
- 1/3 cup onion, sliced
- 2 pieces fresh mini chili, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 6 pieces whole curry leaves, sliced
- 2 pieces whole rampa leave (pandas leaves)
- 2/3 cup thick coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin powder
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Salt, to taste
- 1 Sautée onion and garlic, curry leaves, rampa leaves, and chili until onion softens
- 2 Add turmeric and cumin powder and chicken stock. Boil for 10 minutes
- 3 Remove from heat, add fresh coconut milk and salt to taste