Recipe Courtesy of Williams-Sonoma.
So-named because its colors reflect those of the Italian flag, this red, white and green salad is delicious paired with a spicy Italian sausage and pepper sandwich.
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 head radicchio, sliced crosswise 1/2 inch thick
- 1 head Belgian endive, sliced crosswise 1/2 inch thick
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 ounce Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, shaved into thin strips with a vegetable peeler
- 1 In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, salt and pepper. Add the olive oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly until blended.
- 2 In a large bowl, toss together the radicchio, endive and arugula. Add the vinaigrette and toss again. Adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper. Gently toss in the cheese. Serves 6.