Casseroles are the ultimate in comfort food, and there is nothing like combining holiday leftovers into something warm and, well, comforting. Try this delicious casserole with turkey and pecans for a holiday lift!
Why Try? You’re always looking for something new to make with your leftover turkey, right?
- 2 cups wild rice, prepare according to package directions
- 1 cup leftover turkey diced
- 1 cup leftover broccoli florets, cooked
- 1/4 tbs. salt
- 1/4 tbs. coarse ground pepper
- 1 tbs. fresh basil, chiffonade
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup leftover gravy
- 1 Preheat oven 375°F.
- 2 Grease a casserole dish.
- 3 Combine turkey and gravy in a bowl and toss to blend
- 4 Spread rice in the bottom of the dish, place broccoli on top of the rice and layer turkey on top of the broccoli.
- 5 Sprinkle with salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese and chopped pecans.
- 6 Bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.