Two fall favorites, butternut squash and apples, are oven roasted and sweetened with a vanilla-accented brown sugar and butter glaze.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick®.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories: 100, Fat: 4 g, Carbohydrates: 15 g, Cholesterol: 10 mg, Sodium: 229 mg, Fiber: 2 g,
Protein: 4 g.
Test Kitchen Tip: Use crisp sweet-tart apples, such as Braeburn, Empire or Jonagold.
- 1 medium butternut squash (about 1 1/2 pounds), peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium Vidalia onion, cut into thin wedges (1 cup)
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon McCormick® Nutmeg, Ground
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Black Pepper, Ground
- 2 unpeeled apples, cored and cut into 1/2-inch thick wedges
- 1 Preheat oven to 450°F. Toss squash and onion in large bowl.
- 2 Mix butter, brown sugar, vanilla, salt, nutmeg and pepper in small bowl until well blended. Pour over squash mixture; toss to coat well. Arrange in single layer on foil-lined large shallow baking pan.
- 3 Bake 15 minutes. Add apples; toss to mix well. Bake 25 to 30 minutes longer or until squash and apples are tender.