This vegan snack has so much unique flavor that even your veggie fearing friends won’t be able to say no. This Banh Mi inspired sauce can go on just about any meal. It’s great on a salad, a sandwich, or on vegan “wings.”
- 1/3 cup tamari
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup vegan mayo
- 2 – 3 tablespoons sriracha
- Cilantro sprigs for garnish
- Pickled carrot and daikon radish for garnish
- 1 Place first 6 ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring continually until the sugar is dissolved.
- 2 Increase heat to mediumhigh. When it comes to a low boil, whisk in the arrowroot mixture. The sauce will thicken immediately.
- 3 Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- 4 In a small mixing bowl, add the mayo and siracha. Whisk to combine, and pour into a squeeze bottle (if you have one), for fancy drizzling.
- 5 Toss the sauce with fried cauliflower, and serve with pickled veggies, drizzle siracha mayo over top, and garnish with cilantro.