Solve breakfast boredom with this fruity quinoa “oatmeal.” After all, breakfast is the most important meal of the day and you need something that has plenty of nutrients and great flavor.
Watch this recipe on The Healthy Voyager, here.
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 2 cups coconut or almond milk*
- 2-3 tablespoons brown sugar or agave
- Cinnamon, for sprinkling
- Fresh strawberries, blueberries and/or bananas, for mixing in
- Chopped walnuts or almond slivers, for mixing in
- *You can also sub milk for apple juice for lighter quinoa and serve with coconut or almond milk to mix in when serving.
- 1 Bring milk to a boil in a small saucepan.
- 2 Add quinoa, and return to a boil.
- 3 Reduce heat to low, and simmer, covered, until three-quarters of the milk has been absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- 4 Stir in sugar or agave and cinnamon.
- 5 Cook, covered, until almost all the milk has been absorbed, about 8 minutes.
- 6 Stir in fruit and/or nuts, and cook for 30 seconds.
- 7 Serve with additional milk, sugar, cinnamon, and toppings.