As summer nears its end, this simple seasonal salad is perfect for those late-summer picnics. It combines antioxidant-rich fruits, like strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries with a unique, tangy, citrus dressing.
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and each cut in half
- 1/2 pint blueberries
- 1/2 pint raspberries
- 1/2 pint blackberries
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon original Tabasco® brand pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, cut into slivers
- Mint leaves for garnish, optional
- 1 Combine strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries in large bowl.
- 2 Combine orange juice, orange peel, honey and 1/2 teaspoon original Tabasco® brand pepper sauce sauce in small bowl.
- 3 Toss Tabasco mixture with fruit to mix well about 20 minutes before serving. Stir in mint.
- 4 Garnish with mint sprigs, if desired.