I simply cannot think of an easier brownie to make then these explosively fragrant and deliciously sweet squares! Apples and dates go so well together that I often use those orange-flavored ones as well.
- As needed nonstick cooking spray
- 1 (15-ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained very well
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup rough, chopped dates (use raisins if desired)
- 3 tablespoons pure olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 medium-sized apple
- 1 Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- 2 Grease an 8-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- 3 Place white beans, eggs, brown sugar, dates, olive oil, lemon juice, cinnamon and baking powder in a food processor or blender and puree on high until smooth. Remove and empty mixture into a large bowl.
- 4 Peel, core and grate apple into brownie mixture. Fold in well and pour mixture into prepared pan.
- 5 Bake 33-35 minutes, or until if feels "firmish" on top, but still soft. Remove from oven to cool before cutting to serve.