White Fish Provencal Recipe. This delicious, healthy recipe brings the flavors of the south of France to your table. Serve over roasted Brussels sprouts, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick
- 1 1/2 pounds halibut fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup Kalamata, green or black olives, pitted and cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection 100% Organic Basil Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection 100% Organic Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection 100% Organic Thyme Leaves
- 1 Preheat oven to 375°F. Place fish in single layer in baking dish coated with no stick cooking spray. Lightly season fish with salt and pepper. Bake 12 minutes. If fish is over 1-inch thick, increase cooking time to 15 minutes.
- 3 Meanwhile, heat oil in medium saucepan on medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 5 minutes or until softened. Add tomatoes, olives, wine, basil, garlic and thyme. Simmer, uncovered, 3 minutes.
- 5 Remove fish from oven. Spoon sauce over fish. Return to oven; bake 5 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve immediately.