Everybody has cravings for brownies, but that doesn’t mean you have to settle for an unhealthy snack. With this Zucchini Espresso Brownie recipe from the Healthy Voyager, Carolyn Scott-Hamilton, you can have an indulgent snack without the fat and oil associated with traditional brownies.
Voyager tip: If you have trouble getting your kids to eat veggies, try this recipe! Kids can’t say no to brownies, and these taste so good, they will be amazed when they find out they are made with zucchini.
Follow along with the full video recipe here.
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 1/2 cup skinned, seeded and grated golden zucchini
- 1/3 cup agave
- 1 egg replacer or flax egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. ground espresso (add 1/2 teaspoon more for stonger flavor)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Preheat oven to 350.
- 2 Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- 3 Pour into a greased 9×9 baking pan.
- 4 Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 5 Cool, cut into squares and enjoy!