It’s November and maybe you’re already starting to crave the flavor of turkey. But the big feast is still a couple weeks off, so what can you do?
How ’bout a turkey burger? Or, at least a turkey-themed burger.
A number of burger joints around the U.S. are getting in the turkey mood, as reported on BurgerBusiness.com.
- Brb – Be Right Burger in Reston, Va., offers up “The Gobbler,” a turkey patty with house-made stuffing, gravy, sweet potato puree and cranberry sauce
- Burger Bar Chicago has a Turducken Burger that sounds, well, kind of amazing. It’s a turkey patty with duck bacon, Brie cheese, apricot chutney, and arugula.
- Dijonnaise Jack’s Prime Burgers & Shakes, San Mateo, Calif., serves a Gobble Gobble Diesel Ranch Burger that consists of a turkey patty topped with Cheddar, apple-cranberry chutney and house-made stuffing served on an onion bun.
- Jake’s Wayback Burger chain has a similar burger this month: a turkey burger with stuffing, cranberry sauce and mayo.
- Stack’d Burger Bar, Milwaukee, has the Staghorn Grilled Turkey Burger, which is smothered in Cheddar cheese, topped with mixed greens and pumpkin relish and served on a toasted classic roll.
- Stuft: A Burger Bar, Ft. Collins, Colo., has a special Thanksgiving Burger. It’s a 1/3 pound turkey patty with cranberry chutney, provolone cheese topped with stuffing and a side of house-made gravy.
- Smokin’ Betty’s, Philadelphia, also builds a Turkducken Burger. It’s three layers of succulent meat (fresh ground turkey, chicken and truffled duck mousse) expertly topped with Southern style gravy, homemade cranberry sauce, sweet potato ribbons and a stocky piece of stuffing all piled on a LeBus Country White bun.
Whew. If you eat too many of these burgers, you might be ready to dine on something like fish on Thanksgiving Thursday this year.
For more insights and innovations check out CultureWaves®, the place to go for the latest observations in the World Thought Bank – events, ideas, trends and more. Add your own thoughts about anything in life – entertainment, design, technology, well-being and, yes, food trends. And, take a look at a few of our other Hot & Cool Food Trends.