A light and lemony variation on the traditional pesto, this version combines fresh parsley and basil. Toss with your favorite pasta, or spoon over grilled fish or chicken breasts.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 1 1/2 cups loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 In a food processor, combine the garlic, pine nuts, basil, parsley, cheese, lemon zest and lemon juice. Pulse until ground to a fine paste, about 1 minute.
- 2 With the machine running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil until the desired consistency is reached.
- 3 Season with salt and pepper.