This tapenade makes a superb appetizer. Delightful paired with a glass of white wine.
Why Try? The recipe is quite simple to make. It’s elegant yet almost effortless.
- 1 cup pitted black olives, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste
- Juice of 1/2 of lemon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme plus additional for garnish
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup olive oil plus 1 tablespoon additional for brushing on bread
- 2 (4 ounce) packages goat cheese, softened
- 1 baguette (16 inch) cut diagonally in 1/2-inch slices
- 1 Combine olives, capers, anchovy paste, lemon juice, garlic, thyme, oregano, and 1/4 cup olive oil.
- 2 Brush one side of bread with olive oil.
- 3 In large sauté pan toast oiled side of bread over medium heat.
- 4 Spread softened goat cheese on toasted side of bread; top with olive mixture and sprinkle with thyme leaves.