Chia seeds are known for their heart-healthy benefits, such as lowering cholesterol and blood pressure. Combining the antioxidants in fresh blueberries with a simple to make chia pudding can make the ultimate cardiovascular breakfast booster that is sweet and satisfying.
For more heart healthy recipes, check out the Ashley Pettit Living video series here.
- 1 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup full fat, organic coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- Handful of organic blueberries
- Pinch of Himalayan crystal salt or sea salt
- 1 Combine all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl and let it sit for 5-10 minutes on the counter.
- 2 Divide the mix into 3-4 mason jars and store in the refrigerator overnight before eating.
- 3 Add some extra fresh blueberries on top when serving.