Recipe courtesy of Williams-Sonoma. Adapted from Williams-Sonoma “Easy Entertaining”, by George Dolese (Simon & Schuster, 2005).
To make this easy side dish, use a packaged slaw mix of broccoli, carrots and cabbage or a traditional cabbage slaw blend.
Make-Ahead Tip: The dressing can be prepared in advance, covered and refrigerated for up to 24 hours.
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons coarse-grain mustard
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 packages (each 1 pound) broccoli slaw mix
- 1/2 cup dried currants
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 To make the dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- 2 In a large bowl, combine the broccoli slaw mix, currants, parsley and pine nuts. Add the dressing and toss to coat the salad evenly. Transfer the salad to a serving bowl or, for transporting, pack in an airtight container.
- 3 Serves 8.