For this recipe, it is worth it to purchase a wedge of Parmesan cheese instead of pre-grated Parmesan cheese. Shred it using the large holes of a grater or shave it using a swivel peeler.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick®.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories: 108, Fat: 8 g, Carbohydrates: 5 g, Cholesterol: 5 mg, Sodium: 219 mg, Fiber: 2 g,
Protein: 4 g.
- 1 pound fresh broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Black Pepper, Coarse Ground
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons freshly shredded or shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1 Cook broccoli in boiling water in medium saucepan 4 to 5 minutes or until tender-crisp. Drain broccoli; return to saucepan. Add oil; toss to coat.
- 2 Mix Italian seasoning, pepper, garlic powder and salt in small bowl. Sprinkle broccoli with seasoning mixture, bacon and pine nuts; toss well.
- 3 Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.