Fight the chill in the air with a bowl of this rich, savory pumpkin soup. BLUE BUNNY® Butter Pecan ice cream simmers with pureed pumpkin, sautéed onion, ginger and chicken stock to make a soup that’ll have everyone asking for seconds.
Recipe courtesy of BLUE BUNNY®.
(See video “how to” below.)
- 2 cups BLUE BUNNY® Butter Pecan ice cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons ground ginger
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups canned pureed pumpkin (not pie filling)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 Heat the butter in a pot over medium heat and sauté the onion until tender but not brown. Stir in the flour and ginger and cook for 3 minutes.
- 2 Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil, stirring to incorporate the pumpkin and simmer for a few hours.