This recipe courtesy of Williams-Sonoma.
Quick and easy to assemble, with no rolling required, this crust forms the base for simple pies, such as chocolate pudding pie and Mississippi mud pie (see related Williams-Sonoma recipes).
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Collection Series, Pie & Tart, by Carolyn Beth Weil (Simon & Schuster, 2003).
- 1 1/4 cups cookie crumbs, such as graham crackers, chocolate wafers, or ginger snaps
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 Preheat an oven to 350°F.
- 2 In a bowl, combine the cookie crumbs, butter and sugar and stir until the crumbs are well moistened. Pat the mixture firmly and evenly into the bottom and all the way up the sides of a 9-inch pie pan or dish.
- 3 Bake until the crust is firm, about 5 minutes. For a firmer, crunchier crust, bake for 5 minutes more. Makes one 9-inch crust.