Recipe courtesy of “Sally James”
- Ausab abalone in shell
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup Coopers Beer
- 2 tablespoons Tasmanian Honey
- 1 tablespoon Ketchup
- Frissee, Rocket and Radicchio or preferred greens.
- Cucumber, thinly sliced
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Victorian Olive Grove Mandarin Oil
- White wine or champagne vinegar
- Brookfarm Bush Pepper Macadamias, chopped
- 1 Cut abalone into serving size pieces.
- 2 Sauté garlic in a wok, add abalone and sear for 1 minute. Add beer, honey and ketchup, cover and turn heat to low.
- 3 Cook until abalone is very tender.
- 4 Toss the greens, cucumber and tomatoes together. Make a dressing with the oil, vinegar and Dijon and toss through the greens.
- 5 Top with the warm abalone and scatter with macadamias.